The European Anti Poverty Network (EAPN) is a large umbrella organisation of NGOs and community groups involved in the fight against poverty and social exclusion in all the Member States of the European Union.
Structure of Organisation
It is a network of:
- national, regional and local networks of anti-poverty NGOs and grassroots groups in every EU Member State.
- European-wide organisations mainly active on poverty and social exclusion.
Aims and activities
EAPN's aims are:
- lobbies the Community institutions to develop and implement inclusive, anti-poverty policies and programmes.
- keeps under close review Community policies and programmes likely to impact on groups facing poverty and social exclusion.
- sets up task forces and hosts transnational seminars to formulate policies.
- publishes a monthly newsletter in English and French, reports and posters.
- is a forum for exchange of information on national anti-poverty and exclusion policies.
- supports its members in exchanging experiences and building partnerships,
- forges links with anti-poverty NGOs in Central and Eastern Europe.
- provides training for its members.
Fintan Farrell, Director
Square de MeeÃ»s 18
Tel:(+32 2) 226 58 50
Fax:(+32 2) 226 58 59