Social Policy WG
- Civil Society Organisations call for transparent and real participation in the European semester
- Commission sends alarming message about deepening social crisis
- Final report of the Annual Convention of the Platform Against Poverty and Social Exclusion
- Poverty and Inequality - The paradox of Democracies
- MEPs and Social Platform share views on the social dimension of the EU
- A first look at the Social Investment Package
- Employment alone cannot fight poverty but it can part of the solution
- Member states abstain from discussing a social pillar in the EMU
- A call for mass mobilisation to save the Food Distribution Programme for Europeâ€™s Most Deprived People
- Financial and economic governance cannot exist without a strong social pillar
- 120 million Europeans are living in poverty
- Member states need to take action to combat poverty and to reduce rising inequalities for peopleâ€™s well-being
- Pregnant women & new parents face discrimination
- Europe 2020 social targets missing in the Annual Growth Survey for 2013
- The face of social Europe in 2012 and the way ahead
- Work to do on employment
- Commission announces new strategy on skills for the future
- The Commission's priorities for 2013 are far from Social Platform's
- What is needed for the youth to work?
- Social ministers propose changes to the governance of the European semester
- Social risks further increasing in the EU
- Stakeholders request further clarity from the Commission
- Social NGOs challenge national governments to come clean about whether they back EU money for poverty reduction
- Focusing on an alternative to European Economic Governance
- Dramatic youth unemployment rates threatening stability of European societies
- Commission's report show member states do not live up to an inclusive eduction
- Parliament calls for stricter sanctions on employers to close the gender pay gap
- Social Platform exchanges with the Parliament shadow rapporteur on future EU funds
- The right to family reunification of Third Country Nationals living in the EU
- Social Platform to make proposals to Ministers of Employment on youth and the labour market at the next EPSCO Council - April 24
- The Parliament ensures that migrant workers have equal rights with EU citizens
- Give your input on next years working groups
- Commission work program 2012 - all about growth
- Higher education in the EU still not socially inclusive
- Council refuses to negotiate the maternity leave directive
- Social Platform: how to achieve satistactory Care leave
- Report on family reconciliation in the EU
- EP report on the Mid-term review of the European strategy 2007-2012 on health and safety at work
- Nomination of Vice-Chairs to Social Platform Working Groups
- The Parliament prepares its annual Fundamental Rights report
- Minutes of Social Policy Working Group, May 26
- Social Platform conference on Care: draft programme available!
- Ombudsman extends consultation on public service principles
- Call for members' input for our proposals on Care
- Our next social policy working group on May 26
- Where's the inclusive objective of the Europe 2020 strategy in the draft EU budget 2012?
- Commissioner Andor comments on ILO unemployment report
- Agenda of the Social Policy Working Group meeting, February 1
- Social Policy WG inputs on the Paternity Leave Consultation
- "NO to austerity": Social Platform marches in Euro-demonstration
- EP adopts resolution on EU Employment Guidelines
- Europe 2020 process tracker now available
- Social Policy working group on September 14
- Six months on, MEPs give their views on new Lisbon Treaty powers
- MEPs debate the crisis and the use of EU regional funds
- ECJ confirms rights of pregnant workers
- Parliament and health groups: literacy problem exacerbates health inequalities
- Social Platform makes 5 recommendations for an effective European Platform against Poverty
- Eurobarometer survey reports 17% of EU citizens have no money to pay ordinary bills, buy food or other daily consumer items
- Heads of state make final deal on Europe 2020 Strategy
- Platform writes to President Van Rompuy and EU heads of state with Europe 2020 proposals
- Summit of Heads of State or Government of the Euro area - May 7
- Social Platform to EU member states: Go for the relative indicator and lift 20 millions people out of poverty!
- Social Policy Working Group on June 1
- Change of date! Annual conference on Care is now November 4-5, 2010
- MEPs recommend lengthening maternity leave
- Social Platform seminar on employment on March 11
- Launching seminar on our annual theme on care
- Social Platform presents its EU2020 proposals to the European Parliament
- Agenda of Social Policy working group, February 2
- Commissioner hearings: relevant points from Andor, Barnier and Reding
- Minutes of the last Social Policy WG now available
- Four-month parental leave directive adopted by European Council
- Mark the date! Seminar on our Annual Theme on January 12
- Update on the maternity leave directive
- Hearings for the new Commissioners by the European Parliament starting on November 30
- Will social issues be part of the EU budget? Apparently not
- Social Platform-ETUC Joint declaration on equality
- Economic and Finance Ministers: the EU should concentrate on exit strategies rather than stimulus packages
- Publication of the Commission's Communication on Health Inequalities
- The social impact of the crisis - MEPs need the support of social NGOs for the EP Written Declaration
- Agenda of the Social Policy Working Group - November 4 from 09.30 to 16.00
- 5 proposals to reinforce the EU strategy on social inclusion
- Social Platform draft contribution to the 8th Roundtable on poverty
- Pay more attention to social cohesion, says the Social Protection Committee
- Update of Social Platform common position on maternity leave directive
- Invitation to the Presidency High Level Conference on Labour Market Inclusion in Stockholm, October 26-27
- Two invitations for members to the 8th European Round Table on Poverty in Stockholm
- Your comments on the Platform's Work Programme 2010 - deadline September 30
- Social Policy Working Group on September 22 - register!
- Maternity leave directive now back in the European Parliament
- Another term for Barroso? European Parliament to vote on September 16
- New data on EU employment situation and social outlook released
- Eurofound: crisis packages that work
- Social Platform invited to address the Social Protection Committee
- Social Platform speaks at the High level conference on the health of young people
- Social Platform participates in the informal meeting of social affairs ministers in Sweden
- How the crisis affects 'real people' in Latvia
- Commission presents a new micro-credit facility to help the unemployed start small businesses
- Informal EPSCO Council - How to contribute to and participate in this meeting
- Minutes of the Social Policy Working Group of May 5 now available
- Latest EPSCO council adopts conclusions on social services and flexicurity
- Help to shape Social Platform's speech on the health of young people
- How much do Member States really spend on social protection?
- Commission Communication on Employment - a shared commitment?
- Social Platform letter to President Barroso on the Communication on Employment
- Social Platform consults members on the Open Method of Coordination
- Maternity leave directive: a single MEP prevents a vote for progress
- Negotiations failed - Working Time Directive back in the hands of the Commission
- Employment Summit falls short of expectations
- Social Platform urges European Parliament to support Active Inclusion
- Impact Assessment: DG EMPL looking for Social Platform members input
- EU Budget: what's the Commission up to?
- 'More quality jobs, more solidarity' - Social Platform contribution to the May 7 Employment Summit
- OECD: Financial crisis turns into social crisis
- DG SANCO calls for more cooperation with Social Platform members on Health Inequalities
- Maternity leave directive: Parliament alternates between 16 and 24 weeks of leave!
- Ministers of Social and Employment Affairs: Lisbon Strategy has not delivered on any of its objectives
- Barroso's Cabinet responds to the Social Platform proposals on the Recovery Plan
- Commission statement to EU leaders on the economic crisis
- Your input needed: what's your assessment of the Commission's message to the Spring Council?
- Help streamline the European Social Fund
- Minutes available of the last Social Policy Working Group
- Your input needed: Social Platform message to the Spring Council
- No bailout plan for CEE countries, agree EU leaders
- Competitiveness ministers call for a 'Competitiveness Agenda', recognise the added value of the Social Agenda
- Another EP report on the need to formally recognise CSOs
- Bailout for Central and Eastern European countries?
- Structural funds to be made more flexible to combat the economic crisis
- Social tourism - get involved!
- EU accused of relying on insiders to tackle financial crisis
- Maternity leave: Social Platfrom common position for amendments adopted
- "Acting together Europe can face up to the economic crisis" say the Joint Parliamentary Meeting
- Who are most hit by the economic crisis in France?
- EU Action to reduce Health Inequalities â€“ Input requested
- Four EU summits to address the economic crisis
- Social Polis: Call for Applications
- AGENDA: Meeting on how can we strengthen the Open Method of Coordination
- Financial Inclusion: European Commission launches public consultation on ensuring access to a basic bank account
- Social NGOs to define their lobbying strategy towards the European Parliament on the revision of the 1992 maternity leave directive
- How to strengthen the OMC? First meeting at Social Platform on 18 February (09.00-12.00)
- Towards a Social Platform common proposal for amendments on maternity leave directive
- Economic crisis: 50 million extra job losses worldwide and a virtual no growth in 2009
- Lisbon Strategy recommendations adopted by the European Commission
- Economic and Financial Affairs ministers on the economic crisis: the EU is on the right track
- Minutes of the last Social Policy Working Group on our website
- Platform invited to EPSCO Informal Council meeting Jan 21 - your input required to prepare the delegation and messages
- Good news! The Parliament will draft a report on active inclusion. What do you want to see in it?
- Action! For an effective right to parental leave for all: Social Platform ready to lobby the EU institutions
- 1,130,000 more EU citizens unemployed compared to same time last year
- DG Enlargement consults Social Platform members on pre-accession programmes
- Social Platform invited to meet the troĂŻka of Ministers from the EPSCO council in Brussels on January 21
- Hearing on social economy in the Parliament
- Want to understand the Lisbon Strategy and the OMC? Meeting on January 15
- Social Affairs ministers call for social protection, social cohesion and flexicurity principles to be included in the European Recovery Plan
- Parliament: EU workers should not work more than 48 hours a week
- Social Platform meetings in 2009 - mark your calendars!
- Council conclusions on common active inclusion principles to combat poverty more effectively
- Parliament's LIBE Committee adopts report on Fundamental Rights
- ETUC demonstration in Strasbourg: Give priority to workersâ€™ rights, not longer working hours
- President Barroso responds to the Platform campaign on active inclusion
- Meeting on November 27 to reach a common position on the revision of the parental leave directive
- ILO: High risk of a further weakening in economic performance
- Agenda of the next Social Policy Working Group available: register now
- The European Commission's response to the global financial crisis
- ACTION! Towards a common position on the revision of the parental leave directive (96/34/EC) ?
- Second European Demography Forum: few reimbursed places still available!
- WHO: access to quality primary healthcare is more necessary than ever to fight against poverty
- Social Platform at the 7th European Round-table on Poverty: Adopt a Social Progress Declaration
- Commission proposes a revision of the maternity leave directive
- Social Platform Briefing on the Commission's recommendation on active inclusion
- French Presidency conclusions of the EPSCO council
- Commission adopts a Recommendation on active inclusion
- Social Platform speaks at the Commission's conference on flexicurity
- Social Platform briefing on the Renewed Social Agenda
- European Social Partners start negotiating on an inclusive labour market
- The Social Platform calls for more solidarity in the European Immigration Pact
- Social Platform met with ETUC on the revision of the parental leave directive
- Cross-border health care directive: first discussion between Social Platform members and trade unions - report
- European Parliament appoints rapporteurs on the Social package
- 18 September: Social Platform meets with ETUC on the parental leave directive
- Social Platform and members contribute largely to Commission's consultation on revised improved impact assessment guidelines
- Social Platform's Social Policy Working Group meets on 22 September
- Ombudsman: Late payment by Commission still a serious problem
- European social partners: "Without great efforts, the European targets for childcare facilities will not be achieved by 2010"
- President Sarkozy to the European Parliament: the social dimension will be a priority for the French presidency
- The French immigration pact goes through the informal meeting of Justice and Home Affairs ministers
- Green Paper on "migration and mobility: challenges and opportunities for education systems"
- European Commission adopts long-awaited "social package" with renewed social agenda
- Social Platform recommendations for the European principles on Active Inclusion
- Mark your agenda: The Second European Demographic Forum, on family policies and active ageing
- Minutes of the last Social Policy Working Group meeting now online
- Targets for childcare facilities - Commission's report on progress is due in September
- Your contribution needed - for the Platform's response to the Commission's consultation on impact assessments
- European Parliament calls for increased competition in EU energy market, but also for fight against energy poverty
- Household Budget Survey 2005 in the EU27: useful figures for social NGOs
- European Parliament sets out expectations for 2010 European Year for combating poverty and social exclusion
- Social Platform members respond to the EU budget consultation
- The European Parliament adopts the controversial Return directive
- Council of Europe follows social NGOs complaints and rules on right to housing in France
- Social Platform members mobilised on the Social Agenda
- Employment and Social Affairs Council conclusions on employment guidelines, gender equality and youth employment
- Commissioner Spidla responds to Social Platform on Social Agenda
- Commission consults social NGOs on revised directive on equal treatment between self-employed men and women
- Summary of Civil Society Contact Group meeting with the Commission on EU Budget review
- Finland and Estonia fail to prohibit gender discrimination in employment
- Commission launches consultation on revised Impact Assessment Guidelines
- Employment and Social Affairs Council to reach agreement next week on working conditions, youth employment and gender equality
- Register: 25 June Commission's seminar on "policies for today's families"
- European Commission study reveals increased risk of financial social exclusion for millions of Europeans
- Action! Your input requested on temporary agencies for Social Platform's contribution to conference on "More work opportunities for more people: Unlocking the agency work's contribution to a better functioning labour market"
- Commissioner Spidla responds to the Social Platform: "the participation of all stakeholders is essential for the implementation of flexicurity principles"
- European Parliament calls for strengthening the social dimension of employment policies through quality jobs, equal opportunities and an inclusive labour market
- Council Conclusions on social expenditure and the quality of public finances
- European Parliament's Employment and Social Affairs Committee to discuss next week on demographic future, gender equality and 2010 year for combating poverty
- Social Platform raises serious concerns on the consultation on social realities
- European Parliament to adopt two positions on guidelines for employment policies and non discrimination
- European Social Agenda: what messages from Social Platform members?
- REGISTER! Social Policy Working Group meets on 29 May
- Mark your date: 24 June - bi-annual meeting with the European Parliament
- Flexicurity: NGOs involved only in two missions out of 5
- EAPN campaigns for the 2010 Year for Combating Poverty and Social Exclusion
- EAPN proposes a strategy to strengthen the Open Method of Coordination (OMC)
- The EU budget in 2008: a socialist perspective
- European Year and European Day on Intergenerational Solidarity proposed by the Slovenian Presidency
- 2011: European Year of Volunteering? Get mobilised!
- EU27 spent 27.2% of GDP on social protection in 2005
- Social Agenda: EAPN dennounces a flawed consultation process and a social vision out of line with the views of social actors
- ACTION! Social Platform invited to EU high level conference on financial inclusion
- European Year of Intercultural 2008: comments expected on the practical recommendations to improve policy for intercultural dialogue at EU level
- Your chance to participate in the development of the Website on the Integration of Migrants in Europe
- Responding to new social realities: Mr Barroso, it is time to listen!
- We want an EU of social progress, not a threat to social rights!
- The renewed EU Social Agenda: Let's portray the EU as an actor of social progress, not a threat to social rights
- EU budget: CSCG lunch debate for NGOs: "Financing the EU: Where does, could and should the money come from?" May 21, 12-2 pm, Brussels
- Deliver a Social Progress Agenda! EAPN letter
- Ratification of the Lisbon Treaty: What's up?
- Get your Social Platform dates right and mark your date!
- European Parliament Agora on climate change: registration opened!
- Active Inclusion - UPDATE - Social Platform's members respond to Commission's public consultation
- European Parliament's Employment Committee to discuss on social inclusion, poverty, health and employment policies
- Second preparatory meeting on 2008 EU Round Table on poverty and social exclusion
- Extension of the EU budget consultation: 15 June 2008
- Commission study states that globalisation has not led to erosion of social provision
- European Parliament organises hearing on "Promoting social inclusion and combating poverty, including child poverty, in the EU"
- European health policies: results of the Future challenges 2009-2014 consultation
- The EU budget: More than money - solidarity and democracy for a social and sustainable future
- 7th European Meeting of people experiencing poverty will take place on 16-17 May 2008
- ACTION! Social Platform members' contribution to social NGO's vision of renewed Social Agenda
- Commission replies to Social Platform's open letter to Spring European Council on prompt social action
- Strong reactions against the Commission intention to limit the anti discrimination directive only to disability
- Increasing the efficiency of social transfers public: EU finances ministers debate
- Freedom to provide services is more important than equal pay of workers for the European Court of Justice
- European Parliament to vote on the role of CSOs in drug policies
- REMINDER!!! Social Platform to hold special working meeting on renewed EU Social Agenda
- Block the dates: next bi-annual meetings with the European Parliament Employment Committee
- 10 June: Invitation to the Eurociett conference "More work opportunities for more people: Unlocking the agency work's contribution to a better functioning labour market" Register now!
- European Parliament adopts resolution on situation of women in prison and the impact of the imprisonment of parents on social and family life
- ACTION!!! Social Platform kicks off work on common quality principles for social and health SGIs
- European Council conclusions: what are the "social" messages?
- Services of General Interest Working Group: Next meeting on 10 April 2008
- ACTION! Seventh Round Table meeting on poverty and social exclusion
- Eurofound reports on tackling undeclared work in the European Union
- Action! 29 April: Social Platform invited to discuss women's access to the labour market with the Labour Market Observatory created by the EESC
- Commission's seminar on improving access to the labour market: 29 April 2008. Register now!
- Action! French federation of individual employers invited the Platform to participate in work on reconciliation of professional and family life
- Action ! your comments on the Social Platform response to the Commission's consultation on reconciliation of professional, private and family life
- 2008 programme for peer reviews in the field of social inclusion and social protection
- Preparatory meeting on 7th European Round Table on Poverty and Social Exclusion
- Luxembourg in breach of EU law on equal treatment between men and women in employment
- Women in Europe still shut out of top posts in politics and business says new Commission report
- European Parliament's plenary meets next week
- Calendar for European Parliament resolutions on "social inclusion" and "2010 European year for combating poverty and social exclusion"
- EPSCO Council discussed Lisbon strategy, Social Agenda, Single Market Review and situation of persons with disabilities
- This week's Council meetings decided on the Multiannual Framework of Fundamental Rights Agency and prepared the Spring European Council
- Commission adopts 5th Report on Union Citizenship
- Commissioner Spidla responds to the Social Platform contribution to the "Mission for flexicurity"
- European Parliament in favour of strong social approach to demographic future of Europe
- Social Platform delivers its social reality stocktaking and calls EU leaders for prompt social action!
- European Parliament calls for more social Lisbon strategy
- European Parliament committees meet next week
- Commission draft of the Joint Employment Report 2007/8
- Newt week's Council meetings prepare the Spring European Council on 13 and 14 March 2008
- Commission responds to the Social Platform demands to amend flexicurity principles
- Economic and Financial Affairs Council confirms full support to "growth and jobs" approach of Lisbon strategy
- Social Platform requests a meeting with Commissioner Spidla to discuss the mission for flexicurity
- European Parliament firmly condemns racism faced by Roma and asks for pro-active EU Roma policy
- The Social Platform meets with Ministers of Employment and Social Affairs
- The global economic turbulences could generate 5 million unemployed in 2008 says the International Labour Organisation
- Results of ECOFIN Council meeting on the Lisbon Strategy and Single Market Review
- Supplementary pension schemes still an obstacle to intra-EU mobility
- Members to meet on the reconciliation of professional, private and family life: 11 February
- Slovenia, 31 January 2008: Social Platform invited to speak at the Troika meeting and informal meeting of Ministers of Employment and Social Affairs
- European Parliament's plenary meets next week
- ACTION! Respond to the Commission's consultation on reconciliation of professional, private and family life
- Social Platform meetings and events calendar for 2008
- End of the budget calendar year: Expenses claims should be sent to the Secretariat NOW!
- European Parliament expresses concerns about the rise of extremism in Europe
- Action! 24-25 January 2008: invite national members to the EU Conference on "Decent work for all" - Brussels
- Commission adopts White Paper on Mortgage Credit
- Commission encourages better financial education of citizens
- 19 December 2007: Bi-annual meeting with the European Commission - Agenda available!
- Joint EU Council: Ministers stuck in a utilitarian approach on migration
- Joint Council on Migration: Platform lobbies for a better human-rights based approach to EU policies on integration
- European Parliament adopts resolution on flexicurity and calls for a "vision for the future of social Europe"
- European Commission proposes to accelerate effective participation of groups at risk of exclusion in digital society
- Council of Europe ministers adopt declaration on migration, health and human rights
- The European Commission about to receive the 1.288.022 signatures for the petition â€ś1million4disabilityâ€ť
- Child Rights come of ageâ€¦but not yet in the EU
- European Parliament adopts resolution on social reality stocktaking and sends strong message for social inclusion and social protection in the EU
- European Parliament makes strong call for revision of Integrated Lisbon Guidelines with more integration and visibility of the social dimension
- The European Parliament's LIBE Committee meets on 20 November 2007
- European Parliament's Employment committee meets on 20 and 21 November and holds hearing on progress made on equal opportunities and non-discrimination in the EU
- Economic and Financial Affairs Council against "fundamental overhaul" of Integrated Lisbon Guidelines
- Call to Action for Decent Work Decent Life
- Next meeting with the Commission's DG Employment and Social Affairs to discuss the social inclusion and social protection process: 6 December 2007
- 14 November 2007: Draft agenda of the Social Policy WG meeting
- 20 November: Second Bi-annual meeting with the European Parliament Employment and Social Affairs Committee -- ACTION!
- 26 November 2007: Social Platform annual conference "Social NGOs getting ready for the post-Lisbon: From 'growth and jobs' to 'sustainable and social'" - Agenda online
- EAPN launches new video presenting main messages of the 6th European meeting of people experiencing poverty
- Social Platform adopts its Work programme for 2008
- 07 November 2007: ERIO invites you to the conference on Social Inclusion of Roma in Europe
- Commission Legislative and Work Programme 2008
- Commission presents communication with results of public consultation on Green Paper on modernising labour law
- Commission publishes communication on undeclared work
- UNECE Ministerial Conference on Ageing on 6-8 November 2007 in Spain
- Social Platform position paper "Equality and Non Discrimination: what role for the EU? Social NGOs recommendations for further actions"
- Commission adopts new communication to promote active inclusion of people furthest from the labour market
- ACTION! you can influence the next EUROFOUND work programme on improving living and working condition in the EU
- FEANTSA recommendations for the 2007 European Round Table on poverty and social exclusion
- Social Platform statement to the 6th Round Table on Poverty
- Final Programme of the Sixth European Round Table, "Minimum Social Standards: a Strategy for Protection and Empowerment"
- European Parliament holds hearing on the integration of economic migrants on 8 October 2007
- European Commission launches European e-Inclusion Initiative 2008
- European Ministers met in Lisbon to agree a common approach to flexicurity
- ACTION! Register for next meeting of Commission and stakeholders to discuss social inclusion process on 25 September 2007
- 25 September 2007: Invitation to the Commission's annual seminar of the Social Situation Observatory
- 6 September 2007: Social Policy Working Group--The agenda!
- Commissioner Vladimir Spidla responds to the Social Platform's contribution on Flexicurity
- 13-14 September: Social Platform invited to speak at the Ministerial conference on Flexicurity in Lisbon
- ILGA-Europe's campaign on freedom of assembly for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in Europe: Call for ACTION!
- Revised draft programme for 6th Round Table on poverty and social exclusion --- Action!
- Feedback on the Annual theme: on track thanks to members' contributions!
- AGE welcomes emphasis placed on active ageing by Informal Council on Employment and Social Affairs, 5-6 July 2007
- Meeting between Commission and EU Networks active in the Social Inclusion and Social Protection process 27 June 2007
- Commissionâ€™s stand on flexicurity moves forward but remains unclear, say social NGOs
- Social Platform annual conference - new date confirmed - Mark your agenda!
- 20 June 2007: EC Progress Working Group meeting
- Contribution of Fintan Farrell, President of the Social Platform to Weber Shandwick's guide of the Portuguese Presidency
- Steering Group meeting - Minutes available
- 8 May 2007: Meeting of the Employment Working Party
- Farrell and Prendiville attend meeting of the PROGRESS Working Group
- Social Platform members' responses to the Green Paper on labour law