Claiming your expenses|
If you participated in a Social Platform event or meeting and you are entitled to claim the reimbursement of your expenses, please read carefully the guidelines below. It gives you information on what you can claim and how.
Fill in the Expenses form
and send it with all original tickets, boarding cards and receipts:
GUIDELINES AND RULES FOR CLAIMING EXPENSES
To claim the expenses you incurred during any Social Platform event or meeting, please use the social platform Expenses form (also available on the website). It must be clearly filled in and sent back to the Platform Secretariat at the latest one month after the date of the event. Please read also the â€śinstructions worksheetâ€ť (available on the second worksheet of the expenses form document) before filling the form.
All original receipts/boarding passes /invoices must be attached.
Travel and accommodation
Travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses must not exceed the best conditions available on the market nor be superior to the Commission's rules for those expenditures. Full details must be given of the journeys made including destinations, number of journeys, means of transport to be used and the number of persons.
Travel expenses will be reimbursed within the following limits:
- the journeys have to be carried out by the most direct and economic route and the return ticket should not exceed 300â‚¬;
- train journeys: second class ticket;
- air travel: special fares (Apex type) will be the normal basis of reference. The â€śfull fare economyâ€ť will be accepted on a case-by-case basis with proper supporting evidence â€“ in any case it constitutes a maximum (air travel allowed only for distances above 400 km, i.e return flight above 800 km);
- car journeys: equivalent of corresponding second class rail fare (attach the print out of the rail travel).
We recommend to use socially and environmentally sustainable travel means.
Please consult the events calendar regularly on the website in order to make early bookings at reasonable prices. In case of any doubt or last minute booking, please always check with the Platform Secretariat before final booking.
Subsistence is allowed if you reside more than 100 km from the place where event is held and covers accommodation and actual expenses on the production of supporting document. Actual expenses include local public transport and the main meals not included in the programme of the event.
- Meals will be covered up to 25â‚¬ per night spent in Brussels and will not cover tips.
- If your Hotel does not include breakfast, this can be coverd up to 10â‚¬ per night spent in Brussels.
- Taxis will only be covered in case of late night arrivals, tight schedule to/from meetings or disabilities. Other expenses will not be accepted unless agreed in advance.
The acceptable maximum accommodation cost is determined by the country where the event is held. In Brussels hotel accommodation shall not exceed â‚¬ 110 per night. For each meeting one night will be covered by the Social Platform. For special cases and for other countries please consult the Secretariat.
Hotel reservations are to be done by participants themselves. On the websites Rates to Go and Booking.com you can book best rates Hotel rooms.
The official monthly exchange rate of the European Commission is available on this webpage.
Please use the exchange rate corresponding to the month in which you have done your payment.