Annual Convention on Inclusive Growth 2017
24 April, 09:30-17:30 | MCE Conference & Business Centre, Rue de l’Aqueduc 118, Ixelles, Brussels B-1050, Belgium
The Annual Convention for Inclusive Growth brings together policy-makers and civil society to discuss what the EU can do to ensure that all citizens reap the benefits of truly inclusive growth.
The EU needs to step up its efforts to develop, along with Member States, long-term solutions to improve its social dimension by:
- Fighting poverty
- Increasing employment
- Strengthening social cohesion and inclusion for all
Youth and social inclusion in the spotlight
This year, the one-day event will focus on the social inclusion of young people and the solutions that exist for them to reach their full potential. The plenary debate and the workshops will tackle specific issues and lead to conclusions and policy recommendations pointing to concrete ways forward.
Interactive workshops for audience engagement
Five morning workshops will tackle the social inclusion of young people from different perspectives:
- Opening up quality pathways for young people
- Investing in children and breaking the cycle of disadvantage: paving the way to a better future
- Intergenerational fairness and combatting youth poverty: making the European Social Model work for everyone today and tomorrow
- Addressing social inclusion challenges of young people in urban areas
- Addressing social inclusion challenges of young people with disabilities
Side events will give participants the chance to share their experience in the afternoon while a ‘speed-dating’ session will boost networking and open up opportunities for participants to work together in the future.
The Convention will be opened by Marianne Thyssen, the Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs, Skills and Labour Mobility and will be closed by Valdis Dombrovskis, Vice-President for the Euro and Social Dialogue.
For any questions about the Convention, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.