Brussels Economic Forum 2017
1 June, 09:00-18:30 | Flagey, Brussels, Belgium
The Brussels Economic Forum (BEF) is the flagship annual economic event of the European Commission.
The BEF brings together top European and international policy-makers and opinion leaders as well as civil society (including Social Platform) and business leaders. It is the place to take stock of economic developments, identify key challenges and debate policy priorities. The BEF attracts a thousand participants every year, broad media coverage, and it provides a major networking opportunity.
The 17th edition of the Brussels Economic Forum (BEF) will focus on:
- How to fight inequalities in a context of modest growth? Kélig Puyet, Director of Social Platform, will be a panelist.
- The future of the EU economy at 27
- Is migration a challenge or an opportunity for the EU economy and society?
07:30-09:00 Registration and Welcome Coffee
09:00-09:15 Welcome Address
09:15-10:00 6th Annual Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa Lecture
- François Villeroy de Galhau (Governor, Banque De France)
10:00-10:30 Keynote Speech
- George Soros (Open Society Foundation)
10:30-11:00 Coffee Break
11:00-12:30 Fighting inequality in a context of modest growth: squaring the circle?
14:00-15:30 The EU economy at 27: towards enhanced cohesion, integration and prosperity
15:30-16:00 Coffee Break
16:00-17:30 Migration: challenges and opportunities for the EU economy and society
17:30-17:45 Closing Remarks
17:45-18:30 Networking drink