European Anti-Poverty Network: Annual Conference, ‘Learning from the past to Beyond 2020 – What EU strategy to fight poverty, exclusion & inequality?’
15 June, 14:00-17:30 | International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC), 5 Boulevard Albert Roi II, Brussels 1210, Belgium
The conference aims to:
- Present ideas & messages from the European Anti-Poverty Network (EAPN) from an internal session of members, including input from people experiencing poverty.
- Get feedback & debate with the European Commission & Council.
- Get responses from other Civil Society Organisations & partners.
- Give special attention to the SDG agenda; the follow up on the European Pillar of Social Rights, and the implications of the Future of Europe proposals, in trying to move forward for a transformative social and sustainable framework for beyond 2020.
Key speakers invited:
- People experiencing poverty & EAPN members
- Hugh Frazer, Coordinator ESPN and Professor from Maynooth University, Ireland
- Ruth Paserman (Commissioner Thyssens’ Cabinet)
- Kaia Iva, Minister of Social Protection (Estonian Presidency)
- Nelson Muffuh, Chief of Staff to Deputy Secretary General of the UN
- Representatives from Eurodiaconia, Eurochild, FEANTSA, ETUC, Semester Alliance
- Marcel Haag, Secretariat General, European Commission
More information here.