Inclusion Europe: 17th World Congress of Inclusion International
30 May – 1 June | The International Convention Centre, 8 Centenary Square, Birmingham, B1 2EA, United Kingdom
Inclusion Europe is excited that the 17th World Congress of Inclusion International is in Europe this year. It will take place in Birmingham, UK, from Wednesday 30 May until Friday 1 June 2018.
Delegates will have opportunities to get involved in various sessions labeled Learn, Inspire and Lead.
Inclusion Europe is a partner of the event, ensuring a big turnout from Europe and encouraging its network to bring their examples of how the lives of people with intellectual disability and their families have been changed through:
- Learning how to do things better
- Inspirational successes, new approaches or technologies
- Leading change through example, hard-hitting campaigns and strong leadership
Delegates will have opportunities to gain practical know-how and to try out toolkits and resources as well as TED-talk style presentations and workshops for sharing personal and organisational experience of making change happen.
Speakers at the World Congress include:
- Robert Martin, the first person with an intellectual disability to sit on a UN Committee
- Catalina Devandas Aguilar, Special Rapporteur on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities at the UN
- Penny Mordaunt, UK Secretary of State for the Department for International Development