Social Change Initiative & the European Programme for Integration and Migration: Telling Europe’s migration stories – Framing messages around solutions
5-6 March | Thon Hotel EU, Rue de la Loi 75, Brussels B-1040, Belgium
How can we reclaim migration narratives in turbulent times? What are the do’s and don’ts of storytelling for policy change? How can we include migrants and their own voices in the debate more substantially?
Please join the Social Change Initiative (SCI) and the European Programme for Integration and Migration (EPIM) for a unique conference on migration through the lens of communications.
At this conference, key actors from the field of migration in Europe will explore how relevant communications are to today’s policy and public discourse on migration. Participants will:
- Reflect on our field’s current practice of communications on migration about public perceptions and dominant narratives on migration.
- Learn from more and less successful initiatives to frame messages that resonate with audiences.
- Exchange practical tips and good practice on framing, message-testing and storytelling.
- Build shared understanding and alignment ahead of the next European elections.
Conference highlights include:
- New findings on attitudes towards migration in six European countries.
- Learning about innovative approaches to cross-country campaigning for migration causes.
- Lessons from French, German and Italian projects targeting the “moveable middle” on migration, including their early successes and biggest challenges.
- Hands-on workshops to craft context-relevant messages on migration, using the best communication frames, and campaign effectively on migration-related topics.
For more information please contact Sarah McWiliams (Social Change Initiative).