ATD Quart Monde - ATD Fourth World International Movement
The International Movement ATD Fourth World is a non-governmental organization with no religious or political affiliation which engages with individuals and institutions to find solutions to eradicate extreme poverty. Working in partnership with people in poverty, ATD Fourth World’s human rights-based approach focuses on supporting families and individuals through its grass-roots presence and involvement in disadvantaged communities, in both urban and rural areas, creating public awareness of extreme poverty and influencing policies to address it.
Movement ATD Fourth World is present in some thirty countries and acts in the following areas:
– reaching out to people in extreme poverty
– promoting access to knowledge, culture and education
– leading pilot projects to guarantee everybody access to their fundamental rights
– informing and mobilizing citizens, civil society, the authorities and institutions
– conducting research to expand knowledge on poverty
– working for participation by, and representation of disadvantaged population groups within local, national, and international bodies.
Avenue Victor Jacobs 12
B-1040 Brussels, Belgium