European Disability Forum: Access4All – Accessibility of transport and built environment
9 November, 08:00-12:00 | Scandic Park Hotel, Mannerheimintie 46, 00260, Helsinki, Finland
This year, the European Accessibility Act was agreed upon, and while it has many improvements (especially in the digital sector), it misses an important part: strong requirements on accessibility of transport and the built environment for persons with disabilities.
As we await the transposition of the Act in the Member States, join the European Disability Forum (EDF) for this timely discussion of the issues the Act fails to cover, in the country holding the EU presidency, Finland.
The seminar will cover:
- Good practices on accessibility of transport and built environment
- Challenges to full accessibility of transport and built environment
- Harmonising approaches in the European Union
Speakers will include:
- Ms Sanna Vesikansa, Vice mayor of Helsinki
- Yannis Vardakastanis, President of the European Disability Forum
- Ms Inmaculada Placencia Porrero, Senior Expert, European Commission
- Chiara Giovannini, Deputy Secretary-General, ANEC – European consumer voice in standardisation
The objective of the seminar is to come up with recommendations for organisations of persons with disabilities, local and national authorities, and policy-makers on how to advance accessibility in Europe.
Please be advised that EDF will not cover any costs relating with attendance to this conference.
Interpretation provided in International Sign, English, Finnish and Swedish.
Live captioning will be provided
You may follow updates on the seminar on social media through #Access4All.