Mental Health Europe event on ‘World Mental health Day’: Mental health and young people in the digital age – addressing risks, seizing opportunities
10 October, 11:00-13:00 | European Parliament, room ASP 3G3, Rue Wiertz 60, Brussels B-1047, Belgium
Marking World Mental Health Day, the event will be co-hosted by Members of the European Parliament Miriam Dalli and Julie Ward who are part of Mental Health Europe Coalition for Mental Health and Well-being in the European parliament.
Speakers will include Members of the European parliament, experts from Facebook, Google and Social Platform member COFACE – FAMILIES EUROPE as well as the European Commission.
Topics to be discussed will include:
- The link between social media and youth mental health.
- Solutions to tackle cyberbullying in Europe.
- Online suicide prevention tool.
- How to ensure safer Internet for children and adolescents at EU level.
- The digital industry’s perspective on youth mental health.