Social Platform is looking for a new Director to help us implement our ambitious vision for sustainable socioeconomic justice for all.
Our ideal candidate will be capable of inspiring the broader membership and leading the Secretariat team to promote social justice, equality, and participatory democracy across the EU. You will demonstrate empathy and be willing to listen to input from your team and peers, while keeping focus on maximising the impact of the movement. Seen as an effective manager and communicator, you are comfortable leading a diverse, expert team and identifying priorities that others need to work on as well as on delivering your own work areas.
You will be capable of seizing unexpected opportunities, be adept at getting the maximum done with the resources available and know how to generate additional resources. You will be comfortable operating in an environment where existing plans often need to be adapted and changed and you will demonstrate diplomacy and tact in supporting the movement to mobilise around key priorities and actions.
Overall, you are responsible for managing the organisation, its staff, and members, being mission focused. You are one of our main external spokespersons, and you lead our relationships inside and outside the organisation and the network. To do this well, you will need to bring significant experience of leading a busy team, ideally in a non-profit or service provider environment, and an understanding of working with European stakeholders and policy processes, networks, and movements to achieve social justice and social cohesion across the EU.
Social Platform promotes equality in the workplace and encourages applications from candidates who are traditionally under-represented in the workforce.
What we offer:
- Being part of a team and network actively working to achieve positive social change.
- Full time position (37.5 hours per week) with an unlimited contract.
- A monthly gross salary in the range of €4,800-€6,230 according to experience.
- Working conditions are according to Belgian legislation, meal vouchers, hospitalisation insurance and thirteenth month are also provided.
- Flexible working conditions, including arrangements for remote working.
• Please send the completed application form in English by Monday 8 March 2021 at 12:00 noon CET, addressed to Suzanna Fuino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please note that only completed application forms will be accepted (not CVs or cover letters), and only by email. We urge all the candidates to please read the job description carefully to ensure they meet all the required criteria before applying. Due to large number of applications, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.