Social Platform announces new President and Management Committee
Following Social Platform’s Annual General Assembly, representatives of the 45 members elected Heather Roy as President of the largest European platform of social NGOs in Europe. A new management committee was also elected for the next two years taking effect from April 25.
Heather Roy replaces Mr Conny Reuter who has stepped down after serving the maximum term as President.
Heather has many years of experience working with the Platform having served as Vice President for the previous 2 years and another 2 years as a management committee member. She also Chaired the working group on Social Policy. Heather has represented the Platform at various levels including in several informal EPSCO Councils, the European Council, the European Parliament, and the European Commission.
The new Management Committee will comprise of:
- President Heather Roy
- Vice President Claire Roumet
- Vice President Rodolfo Cattani
- Treasurer Michel Mercadié
- Member Jana Hainsworth
- Member Barbara Helfferich
- Member Brigitte Triems
- Heather Roy is currently Secretary General of Social Platform member Eurodiaconia
- Claire Roumet is currently Secretary General of Social Platform member CECODHAS Housing Europe
- Rodolfo Cattani is currently Secretary of the Executive Committee of Social Platform member EDF, the European Disability Forum
- Michel Mercadié is currently Honorary President of Social Platform member FEANTSA, the European Federation of National Organisations working with the Homeless
- Jana Hainsworth is currently Secretary General Social Platform member Eurochild
- Barbara Helfferich represents Social Platform member EAPN, the European Anti Poverty Network
- Brigitte Triems represents Social Platform member EWL – European Women's Lobby