Conference on the Future of Europe
The future of Europe is in our hands! Build a better world through the Digital Platform of the Conference on the Future of Europe.
What is the Digital Platform of the Conference on the Future of Europe?
Launched in April 2021, the Digital Platform of the Conference on the Future of Europe invites EU citizens to share their vision for Europe.
Ending child poverty, fighting climate change, protecting the rule of law…whatever your passion, the Digital Platform is the forum where you can speak up and be heard!
Citizens have until early 2022 to submit their suggestions to shape the future of Europe in all 24 official EU languages.
How is Social Platform getting involved?
From the positive effect of living wages to the negative effect of criminalising people who provide food to starving undocumented migrants, Social Platform and our membership see first-hand the impact – both bad and good – that national and EU policies have on the wellbeing of people.
Based on this first-hand experience, we’ve submitted 19 suggestions for how political leaders can build a fairer, more inclusive social Europe:
- Work must pay!
- Reducing poverty through a Directive on Adequate Minimum Income
- Strong social services for all
- End the criminalisation of solidarity
- Fair taxation to support the fight for social justice
- Giving people access to quality long-term care at all stages of life
- Equal treatment and opportunities for all
- Putting people and their rights at the heart of the green transition
- We need an EU Anti-Poverty Strategy
- Protect democracy, the rule of law and EU fundamental rights
- Equal access to online services in post-pandemic Europe
- Promote and protect the role of civil society organisations in democratic processes
- The European Pillar of Social Rights as the compass for Social Europe
- Europe needs a post-Europe 2020 strategy
- A European Semester with the well-being of people at the centre
- Annual Social Summits at the highest political level
- Putting people first in EU economic governance
- Creating a representative EU with civil society organisations
- Promoting civil dialogue in the EU institutions
How can I take part?
If you share our vision for an EU that leaves no one behind, it’s very easy to support our calls! All you need to do is:
- Register an account
- Search for @social_platform and follow us
- Endorse and comment on our key demands