‘Building Social Europe’ – Annual Report 2019 out now!
Social Platform has published ‘Building Social Europe – Annual Report 2019’, bringing together the highlights of an action-packed year of policy, advocacy and communications developments on the EU stage.
2019 was a year of renewal and rejuvenation at EU level, with the European Parliament elections in May and the introduction of a new European Commission in December. Social Platform and our members anchored our work in the momentum this created to call for a Europe that puts people and planet first, strong political will to implement the European Pillar of Social Rights, and a shift towards an economy with the wellbeing of people at its core.
Annual Report 2019 features:
- How we influence: a recap of our advocacy, policy and communications work targeting the European Commissioners-designate hearings in the European Parliament, socialising the European Semester, investing in people, promoting sustainable Europe, and high-level speaking engagements
- How we learn: an overview of our Social Learning Platform meetings, which bring members together for peer-to-peer learning
- How we reach out: a look at our second annual Flagship Conference in Helsinki, Finland, our campaigns on the EU elections and the Social Pillar, and our ‘Made in Social Europe’ exhibition
- How we plan ahead: an introduction to our Management Committee 2019-2021
- Information about our members, our team, our projects and partnerships, and our finances