Call for posters ahead of 10th European Conference on Rare Diseases & Orphan Products
As an advocate of quality, affordable, accessible and available health services, Social Platform is proud to be an Associate Partner of EURORDIS-Rare Diseases Europe’s upcoming European Conference on Rare Diseases & Orphan Products (ECRD) 2020. The meeting takes place on 15-16 May in Sweden, and will focus on ‘The rare disease patient journey in 2030’ (more information here).
Ahead of the conference, EURORDIS has launched a call for posters. The deadline for submissions is 10 February, and posters must be submitted via the online form.
- Poster abstract submissions accepted in English only.
- Poster abstract submissions are limited to 300 words.
- You may be co-author of any number of poster abstracts but presenting author of only one.
- Please indicate if your abstract has already been presented at other events.
Posters will be scored using the following criteria:
1) Relevance of the topic to rare diseases
- Relevance, currency (how new/recent/up-to-date the information/study is), significance and appropriateness to the conference/theme
- Practical application to the field
2) Quality of content
- Clarity of the title
- Concision, coherence and clarity of content (summary of purpose and methodology, results, conclusions, next steps/practical application, etc.)
- Methodology of the given study/poster
- Originality (posters can be presented at other conferences prior to ECRD 2020)
- Commercial product promotion
- Disregard for above guidelines
- Submission after the deadline
- Incorrect submission channel (must use the online form)
Poster abstracts will be reviewed by the ECRD 2020 Poster Committee in February 2020. Notifications will be sent to all poster authors by 6 March 2020. Please note that poster applicants are not exempt from paying the full registration fees to attend ECRD 2020.
EURORDIS encourages patient groups, academics, health care professionals and all other interested parties having conducted research or studies on rare diseases or public health projects to submit a poster abstract to the ECRD 2020.
The themes mentioned below suggest issues and topics the Programme Committee would like to have addressed and should serve as a valuable guide as you develop your poster abstract.