Social Platform is open to all EU level networks and federations from the non-profit sector working in the social field.
Why join Social Platform?
Social Platform members enjoy a wide number of advantages, including receiving information on social policy developments, policy advice, access to networking, capacity building and increased visibility.
Visibility and advocacy
Make your voice and the voices of your members heard by EU decision-makers by contributing to Social Platform’s campaigns!
- Participate in meetings with key stakeholders in the European institutions and advisory bodies, EU presidencies and EU agencies.
- Benefit from invitations to participate in European institution conferences
- Gain access to EU level expert and advisory groups of which Social Platform is a member
- Receive increased national and international visibility by linking your activities and those of your members with Social Platform
- Disseminate your press releases through Social Platform’s weekly ‘Social Compass’ newsletter and website
- Get communications support for your activities from Social Platform’s social media accounts
Give your organisation’s activities extra traction by networking and alliance-building with Social Platform’s 47 members!
- Capitalise on Social Platform’s contacts with other EU-level NGO networks and stakeholders
- Benefit from Social Platform’s membership in formal networks such as Civil Society Europe and the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights Advisory Panel
- Participate in bi-annual events in selected EU Member States
- Attend skills-sharing sessions to strengthen your organisation’s competence in various fields
- Access online members-only resources and toolkits to support your own campaigns
Organisations wishing to apply for membership of Social Platform must satisfy the following criteria:
- The network or federation must be composed of organisations (not individuals) in at least the absolute majority (14 – for full members) or a quarter (7 – for associate members) of EU Member States.
- The network or federation must be established as a not-for-profit and non-governmental organisation in one of the EU Member States. The majority of the organisation’s membership must themselves be legally established, not-for-profit and non-governmental.
- The network or federation must be active in the social sector, working to promote the general interest and contributing to social cohesion.
- The network or federation must have separate legal personality (for full members) or be in the process of acquiring one (for associate members). In the latter case membership will be granted for one year, with further membership being subject to annual review by the General Assembly.
- The network or federation must demonstrate it is:
- Structured and managed in a democratic way
- Run by an elected body, whose decisions and membership must not be subject to approval by any extraneous body (for full members only)
- The network or federation must bring added value to the work of Social Platform (for full members only).
If you wish to join Social Platform, you are welcome to contact Ilias Papageorgiou (Administrative & Financial Officer) to receive more information and the application form to apply.